Saturday, July 23, 2011

How To Say I Wonder in Spanish in the Past Tense Using The Conditional

In this Spanish episode I will share with you how to say I wonder in Spanish in the past tense using the conditional and the future perfect. Although in general, Spanish only has one way to say "I wonder... " about something in the present tense (ask yourself a ask using the future tense), Spanish verily has two separate ways to say "I wonder... " about something in the past:

1. The Conditional
2. The future perfect.

Futuro

Let's start with the "conditional." One way to say "I wonder..." about something in the Past is
by asking Yourself A ask using the Conditional.

How To Say I Wonder in Spanish in the Past Tense Using The Conditional

Por ejemplo...

1. Qué hora sería cuando se fue mi jefe?
(I wonder what time it was when my boss left)

2. Cuánto costaría la arma que compró ella?
(I wonder how much did the gun cost that she bought.)

3. Dónde estarían mis hijos anoche?
(I wonder where were my children last night.)

4. Qué aprenderíá Valentina hoy?
(I wonder what Valentina learned today.)

Antoher way to say "I wonder..." about something in the Past is by asking Yourself A ask using the "futuro perfecto" or future perfect.

Por ejemplo...

1. Quién habrá puesto remolachas en mi plato?
Quién habrá colocado remolachas en mi plato?
(I wonder who put beets on my plate.)

And of procedure you can also "wonder" by asking yourself the same ask using the conditional:

Quién pondría remolachas en mi plato?
Quién colocaría remolachas en mi plato?

A propósito (by the way), be rigorous when using the verb "colocar" in place of "poner." Although I am sure that this is Not true in every part of the Spanish-speaking world, in Colombia, many habitancy have told me that using "colocar" instead of "poner" is a sign that a someone is not well educated or a "campesino" (someone from a poor rural area). I guess it could also be argued that whoever would say such a thing about someone else is "creído" (stuck-up or snobbish).

Back to saying "I wonder... " in the past.

2. Cuánto habrá costado la nevera que compró ella?
I wonder how much did the refrigerator cost that she bought.

3. Dónde habrán estado mis hijos anoche?
I wonder where were my children last night.

4. Qué habrá aprendido Valentina ayer?
I wonder what Valentina learned yesterday.

So those are the two separate ways that you can say "I wonder... " about something in the Past in Spanish. You can either Ask Yourself A ask using the conditional. Or you can Ask Yourself A ask using the "futuro perfecto" (future perfect).

How To Say I Wonder in Spanish in the Past Tense Using The Conditional

Related : USB Battery Charger & Accessories Deals Bodum French Press

No comments:

Post a Comment